Mom's Three in One Dish Recipe (Ground Beef, Potato and Pea Casserole)

My mom used to make this dish once in a while when we were kids, and boy, did I hate it! I always asked her to make me some without the peas.

This is my particular version, which doesn't have the tomato soup, which mom's version always used. I used a canned of diced tomatoes and one soup can of milk in place of the tomato soup. Mom would also make it in a crockpot, but I didn't start it on time for slow cooking.

I am not sure why it was called three in one dish.

1 lb ground beef
6 small potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 small (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, pureed
1 soup can milk
1 cup frozen peas
garlic and onion powder to taste (or your favorite seasonings)
salt and pepper to taste

In a Dutch oven, brown ground beef. Drain. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer over medium low heat for about an hour, stirring occasionally.

Uncover and let sit 10 minutes before serving.http://media-files.gather.com/images/d114/d299/d746/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~Big Al's~ Subs

Magic Cookie Bars Recipe

Mario Batali's Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower