Paula Deen's Mexican Chicken Casserole

When my parents came last weekend, my mom brought the stuff to make this casserole. I am generally not very fond of cream of mushroom soup, so I wasn't sure how this would turn out. Well, I loved it!

Perhaps it was my mom's variations that were made to it.

1 small (10 3/4 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 small (10 3/4 oz) can cheddar cheese soup
1 small (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced and cooked (we pan fried it in a bit of oil)
1 (11 1/2 oz) package flour tortillas
2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 small can sliced black olives

Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9" pan with cooking spray. Set aside.

In a large bowl, stir together soup and tomatoes. Stir in chicken.

Layer tortillas, chicken mixture and half of the cheese in the pan, beginning and ending with tortillas. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top and bake 30 minutes or til hot and bubbling.

We served this with homemade salsas; medium for mom, dad and Matt and hot for me.http://media-files.gather.com/images/d642/d119/d746/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~Big Al's~ Subs

Magic Cookie Bars Recipe

Mario Batali's Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower