Sausage Soup with Tomatoes and Spinach

Posted by request, for Phil.

1 lb. Italian sausage, removed from casing
1 onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 large (15 oz) cans chicken broth
1 small (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
6 oz fresh baby spinach
1 cup heavy cream

Brown sausage on medium heat in a large pot. Drain. Return to pot and add onion. Saute for about five minutes. Add garlic and sauté about one minute more.

Add broth, tomatoes and potatoes to pot; cover and cook til potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes.

Stir in spinach and half and half. Simmer til spinach wilts, about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.http://media-files.gather.com/images/d95/d97/d746/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg

Comments

  1. Hey there! You are back in Blogland! I'm just not at the other spot much at all. I try...and I just can't get interested. Sad, isn't it? This looks great. You should look at my travel blog. I had a sausage and potato soup (posted a picture) that was the best ever. I wish I could find a recipe for it somewhere.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

~Big Al's~ Subs

Mario Batali's Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower

Magic Cookie Bars Recipe