Easy Sausage and Cranberry Bean Soup

I can't remember the last time I had cranberry beans, so I bought a big bag of them on my last grocery shopping trip.

I made a small batch of soup this time, just enough for one meal for two people.

1/2 lb smoked sausage, sliced
about 2 cups beef broth
1 cup dried cranberry beans, soaked overnight
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
seasoned salt (homemade) and pepper to taste

Add everything to a large soup pot and simmer, covered, about 2 hours, or til beans are tender. Taste and adjust as desired.

Remove bay leaf and serve.

I served the soup with homemade buttermilk biscuits.http://media-files.gather.com/images/d472/d218/d746/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~Big Al's~ Subs

Magic Cookie Bars Recipe

Mario Batali's Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower