Lebanese Style Shish Taouk Rub Recipe

I used to buy this rub already made from a local Middle Eastern market, however, now that I know what Kamil uses, I make my own. I still however, get the sumac from him. It is optional if you don't have access to a market such as this one.

There are countless versions of this particular spice mixture. Feel free to adapt to your own tastes. I did.

1 t garlic powder
1/2 t sumac
1/2 t salt
1/4 t cinnamon
1/4 t cumin
1/4 t black pepper
1/8 t allspice
1/8 t cayenne
Mix spices in a container with a tight fitting lid.

When getting ready to use, add about 1 t of spice blend to olive oil and fresh lemon juice as the base for a marinade. Taste and adjust as desired.http://media-files.gather.com/images/d783/d344/d746/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Bzz? Starbucks Pike Place Roast and Cafe Verona Coffees

Bread Machine Ciabatta Rolls Recipe

Popeye's Style Fried Chicken Strips and Beans and Rice Recipe