Allrecipes' Hamburger Patties with Onions and Gravy

My original plan was to serve these over mashed potatoes, but I ran out of potatoes the other day. I substituted egg noodles, which I think ended up as an even better idea.

1 lb ground beef
1 egg
1/4 cup cracker or bread crumbs
1 t Worcestershire sauce
1/2 t seasoned salt (I used homemade)
1/2 t onion powder
1/2 t garlic powder
1/8 t ground black pepper
vegetable oil
1 thinly sliced onion (I used red)
2 T flour
1 cup beef broth
1 T cooking sherry
seasoned salt to taste (I used homemade)

In a large bowl, mix beef, egg, crumbs, pepper, salt, onion and garlic powders and Worcestershire sauce. Shape into patties (size is to your preference. I made 3).

Heat a little oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Fry the patties and onion til patties are nicely browned on both sides. With a slotted spoon, carefully remove beef patties to a plate; cover and keep warm.

Sprinkle flour over onions and drippings. Whisk in flour, scraping up browned bits from pan. Whisk in broth and sherry. Season to taste with seasoned salt.

Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for about 5 minutes, or til gravy is nice and thick. Return patties to pan; cover and simmer for another 15 minutes.

I served the patties and gravy over egg noodles alongside a scoop of corn.http://media-files.gather.com/images/d495/d253/d746/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hamburger-Steak-with-Onions-and-Gravy/Detail.aspx?ms=1&prop25=31287442&prop26=DailyDish&prop27=2010-02-03&prop28=DailyRecipe&prop29=FullRecipe&me=1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~Big Al's~ Subs

Magic Cookie Bars Recipe

Mario Batali's Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower