Southwestern Vegetable Soup

I've had this recipe almost a year, and I can't believe it's taken me this long to finally make it for dinner! I can't recall where I found it.

Yummalicious!

oil
1/2 red onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 small (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen green beans
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup dried pinto beans, cooked and drained
1 small can diced green chilies
2 T Southwest seasoning (I used homemade) or to to taste
crushed tortilla chips
shredded co jack cheese

In a large soup pot heat a little oil over medium heat. Saute onion til softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook another minute or so.

Add remaining ingredients (except chips and cheese) to the pot and increase heat to high.

Bring to a quick simmer; cover and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer soup for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

I served the soup topped with chips and cheese.http://media-files.gather.com/images/d15/d263/d746/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~Big Al's~ Subs

Mario Batali's Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower

Magic Cookie Bars Recipe