BBQ Beef and Tangy Cole Slaw

My fiance and I stopped at a farmer's market yesterday to pick up pumpkins. They had some nice heads of cabbage too for only a dollar- so we picked one up. The following is my favorite recipe for cole slaw, and I turned the rest of the family on to it as well. The recipes are adapted from my cookbook "Art of the Grill".

BBQ Beef

1 beef roast, cubed

2 T. paprika

1 T. each chili powder, packed brown sugar, cumin and sugar

2 t. salt

1 1/2 t. black pepper

1/2 c. cider vinegar

1T. tabasco (or to your taste)

1 T. dijon mustard

Toss beef with first four: paprika through black pepper. Let rest 8 hours or overnight. Sear in oil. (I used leftover bacon grease. Yum!) Add rest. Simmer 1 1/2 hours or til tender enough to shred. Meanwhile, prepare cole slaw.


My Favorite 'slaw

1 head cabbage (red, green or a combination), shredded or sliced thin

1/4 c. cider vinegar

1 T. sugar

1 t. each celery seed and salt

1/2 t. black pepper

3/4 c. mayo

1 T. dijon mustard


Mix all ingredients except cabbage until well blended. Toss with cabbage. Refridgerate at least an hour.



http://media-files.gather.com/images/d520/d934/d743/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg

Comments

  1. I'm out of breath from running over here as fast as I could. Woo-Hoo! This is so great, Shan! I love it!!!! You're a natural ...

    I've been making Mrs. W.'s recipe ... that one doesn't call for dijon mustard. I think it'll make it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I love the look of your blog ... the dots are so fun! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

~Big Al's~ Subs

Mario Batali's Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower

Magic Cookie Bars Recipe