Mexican Style Meatloaf

This delicious recipe is from my recipe box, I have had it for years and have no idea where it orginally came from. It sure kicks up a regular meatloaf recipe.

1 small can black beans, drained
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper (I used Hungarian peppers)
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1 tsp salt
1 T ground cumin
2 T chili powder
1/2 t pepper
handful tortilla chips, finely crushed (I used Doritoes)
1 egg
3 large garlic cloves, minced
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup salsa (use your favorite. I used homemade)
shredded Mexican style cheese

Preheat oven to 375°. Coat large loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.

Combine beans and next 11 ingredients in a large bowl and stir til just blended.

Bake for 50 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake 10 more minutes.


I served the meatloaf over cheesy garlic mashed potatoes with a dollop of salsa.

Variation: Top with sour cream and extra tortilla chips.http://media-files.gather.com/images/d953/d950/d743/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg

Comments

  1. Sounds totally awesome, Shan! Tom doesn't care much for meat loaf, but I bet he'd like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a big meatloaf eater either, and I love this one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

~Big Al's~ Subs

Magic Cookie Bars Recipe

Mario Batali's Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower