"Neiman Marcus" Chocolate Chip Cookies

This recipe is without a doubt my absolute favorite recipe for chocolate chip cookies. Since it is extremely unhealthy, I only make these once or twice a year.

Because I received this recipe via email about 326 times over the past few years, I can’t tell you the actual source of it, as I have no idea.

Put the Hershey bar in the freezer before starting, it makes it easier to grate.

5 cups blended oatmeal

2 cups butter, softened

2 cups brown sugar

2 cups sugar

4 eggs, lightly beaten

2 t vanilla

4 cups flour

2 t soda

2 t baking powder

1 t. salt

24 oz bag semi sweet chocolate chips

1 8 oz Hershey Bar (grated)

3 cups chopped nuts (I used walnuts)

Blend the oats. Set aside.




In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars. (I used an electric mixer).

Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.

In a separate large bowl, mix together flour, oatmeal, baking soda and powder and salt. Stir in chocolate chips, Hershey bar and nuts. Note: The dough is VERY thick.


Stir wet mixture into dry.

Preheat oven to 375°.

Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet. (I used an ice cream scoop for this step).


Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool on pan for about five minutes then remove to a covered container.

Ooey gooey chocolatey goodness. Life is good.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

~Big Al's~ Subs

Magic Cookie Bars Recipe

Mario Batali's Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower