Fried Perch, Roasted Potatoes and Mac N Cheese

I didn't really follow a recipe for any of this, just tossing together what I like. When I asked my fiancé what sauce he wanted, he said he wanted mustard and sour cream. I made up a sauce with regular mustard, sour cream and some steak seasoning. It was very tasty and went well with the fish and potatoes.

Batter

1/2 cup plain flour

½ cup cornmeal

Cajun seasoning
1 egg, beaten lightly

½ cup buttermilk

milk

fresh lemon juice

Mix buttermilk with lemon juice and Cajun seasoning. Marinate fillets one hour. Remove and dry on paper towels.

Mix the flour and cornmeal with Cajun seasoning in a wide flat bowl.

Mix one egg with a splash of milk.


Fish

1 lb. fish (I used fresh perch)

Heat 1/4-inch of oil in a large frying pan.


Dip fillets in egg wash, then in flour/cornmeal mixture. Fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.

Drain on paper towel.


Roasted Potatoes

6 small new potatoes, halved

olive oil

your favorite seasonings (I used steak seasoning)

Toss potatoes and the rest. Bake at 375° for about 45 minutes until golden brown.


Mac N Cheese

2 cups cooked elbow macaroni

splash milk

3/4 cup Velveeta and ¼ cup cheddar cheese (or use your fave cheese combo)

splash Tabasco sauce

Mix cooked macaroni while still hot with milk and cheeses. Stir until all cheese is melted. Add Tabasco if using.

I topped my fish and mac n cheese with extra Tabasco sauce. Matt had the mustard sauce along with some Tabasco.

http://media-files.gather.com/images/d36/d959/d743/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~Big Al's~ Subs

Magic Cookie Bars Recipe

Mario Batali's Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower