Mexican Feast!

I really looked forward to this meal, as Mexican is my favorite ethnic cuisine. The recipe for the tacos is the only one I use; the taco mixes from the store just don't cut it. The guacamole recipe is just a basic one I frequently use; I prefer guacamole without onion, tomatoes, etc. And of course, everything was topped off with my famous habanero salsa, using the recipe I posted a few months ago. In addition, when I cook Mexican food, I always use corn tortillas and fry them, some for the tacos and a huge bunch fried crisp for chips. Not healthy, but then I don't eat like this everyday!

Beef Tacos

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 t marjoram or oregano, rubbed
2 T chili powder
½ t salt
1 ½ t garlic powder
3/4 cup water

Brown ground beef. Drain well. Add spices and water. Simmer for about 20-30 minutes.

Guacamole
1 avocado, seed removed
1/2 lime, juiced
salt and pepper to taste

Peel and mash avocados in a bowl. Stir in lime juice, salt and pepper. Cover tightly and chill for at least half an hour to blend flavors. Check for seasonings before serving.

Tortilla Chips
Cut corn tortillas in to quarters. Fry until crisp, drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with seasoned salt.

I served the tacos with 4 cheese Mexican blend, salsa, guacamole, crema and some tortilla chips.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~Big Al's~ Subs

Magic Cookie Bars Recipe

Mario Batali's Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower