Paula Deen's Chicken Pot Pie Recipe

I came across this recipe while researching the food network's site for another recipe. I am really picky about pot pie, and this one sounded like one I wouldn't mind.

The crust was probably the best I've ever eaten! Sooo buttery! However, next time I will probably just use carrots, substitute potatoes and maybe peas. I didn't like the green beans
.
I knew that the bake time would leave me with very undercooked carrots, so I boiled them with the green beans for a while. They turned out nice and tender.

2 cups poached chicken breast, diced
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1/2 cup chopped baby carrots
1/2 cup frozen green beans or peas
1 small can cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth (I used the chicken poaching liquid)
garlic powder, marjoram and salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups baking mix
1 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 350°.
In a 2 quart baking dish sprayed with cooking spray, layer chicken, eggs, carrots and green beans.
In a medium bowl, mix the soup, chicken broth and any seasonings you might like. Pour over the layers.
In a medium bowl, mix baking mix and milk, and pour over the top. Drizzle with butter.

Bake til the crust is golden brown, about 45 minutes.http://media-files.gather.com/images/d826/d332/d746/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~Big Al's~ Subs

Magic Cookie Bars Recipe

Mario Batali's Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower