Mexican Homemade Chorizo, Pinto Bean and Egg Taco Recipe

My sister Robin's friend made these tacos when I was at Robin's house last November and I've been wanting to make them myself ever since. Ground pork was finally on sale this week, so I knew that I could make the chorizo from scratch, and I had everything else I needed.

The recipe for the chorizo can be found here: Chorizo Filling

cooked chorizo
1/2 cup dried pinto beans, cooked and drained
4 eggs, beaten
flour tortillas
shredded cheese (I used habanero, but use your favorite variety)
hot sauce (or your favorite salsa)
sour cream (optional)

Stir cooked pinto beans into cooked chorizo; reduce heat to low and cook 15 minutes more, adding more liquid as needed. Stir in eggs and cook til eggs are set, stirring often.

Warm tortillas (using your favorite method. I like to just microwave them). Fill tortillas with chorizo mixture, cheese and hot sauce. Serve with a side of sour cream.
http://media-files.gather.com/images/d443/d359/d746/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~Big Al's~ Subs

Mario Batali's Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower

Magic Cookie Bars Recipe