Lentil and Rice Soup

I got the idea for this soup from Elaine A. from a discussion we had on an article. I wish I would have had spinach to add to it though!

This turned out pretty thick, but I didn't want to add more broth to it since it made plenty for just me.

oil
1 carrot, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup lentils
1/2 cup rice
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 cup canned diced tomatoes
your favorite seasonings (I used Mrs Dash and lemon pepper)

Heat a soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Saute carrot and onion til softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook another minute or so.

Stir in remaining ingredients and cover and cook til lentils are tender, about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
http://media-files.gather.com/images/d607/d22/d746/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~Big Al's~ Subs

Magic Cookie Bars Recipe

Mario Batali's Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower