Piri Piri Chicken and Pinto Bean Pizza with Chimichurri Drizzle

I had the following items to use up: Piri Piri marinade, cilantro, pinto beans and lots of cheese. I always have the mixins for pizza crust, so this is what I came up with.

Measurements are approximate.

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced

1 cup piri piri (optional)

1 cup pinto beans, drained and mashed
1 cup shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced

Marinate chicken at least four hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 450°.

Sprinkle cornmeal over a baking sheet drizzled with olive oil. Set aside. Prepare pizza crust according to package directions. Cover and let rest.

While dough is resting, drizzle a little olive oil in a frying pan on medium high. Saute chicken until nice and brown. Set aside.

Roll dough into a 14 x 11-inch rectangle on prepared baking sheet. Spread beans over dough. Top with diced chicken and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until crust browns and cheese is bubbly. Let cool 10 minutes.

Combine cilantro and the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle over pizza and serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~Big Al's~ Subs

Mario Batali's Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower

What's the Bzz? Starbucks Pike Place Roast and Cafe Verona Coffees