One Pan Andouille Sausage and Potatoes

There's nothing better than an easy meal that is still wonderfully flavorful! That is why we love this one.

Yesterday, I posted a link to one dish meals from my Kraft newsletter. It got me thinking about what I had on hand that would make a nice one dish meal. I had Andouille sausage, which Matt and I both love, and plenty of potatoes. I came up this simple, but very flavorful, dish.

vegetable oil
4 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 t dried thyme, rubbed
1 t dried parsley, rubbed
1 lb Andouille sausage, sliced
1/2 cup dry white wine
hot sauce to taste (I used my homemade)

Heat the oil in a large, deep cast iron skillet or frying pan over medium heat. Add potatoes, stirring occasionally, cooking til potatoes just begin to brown. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Stir in onion, cooking about 5 minutes, til onions start to soften. Stir in garlic, seasonings and sausage, cooking a few more minutes.

Pour wine and hot sauce over the top. Lightly stir and cover. Cook til the potatoes are tender, about 25-30 minutes.
http://media-files.gather.com/images/d194/d383/d745/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg
Serve with additional hot sauce if desired and a thick slab of buttered tomato bread.
http://media-files.gather.com/images/d193/d383/d745/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg
The recipe for the bread can be found here: http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474977540281&nav=MyGather

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~Big Al's~ Subs

Mario Batali's Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower

Magic Cookie Bars Recipe