Pasta with Creamy Chorizo and Red Pepper Sauce

I am not sure where I found the original recipe I used as my inspiration, it was saved in my file without attribution. All I know is that my homemade chorizo made this an awesome pasta dish!

olive oil
1 lb chorizo (I used my homemade)
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
pinch hot pepper flakes (optional)
1 small (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, pureed
salt to taste
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup Mexican blend cheese, divided
3 cups hot cooked pasta (I used gemelli)

Drizzle a little olive oil in a frying pan or skillet over medium high heat. Crumble in chorizo and cook til browned. Stir in bell pepper and cook another 5 minutes or so. Stir in garlic and hot pepper flakes and cook another minute or so.

Stir in tomatoes, salt and wine. http://media-files.gather.com/images/d103/d457/d745/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg
Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to medium low and cook til sauce reduces, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.

Toss sauce and half of cheese with hot cooked pasta.

I served the pasta topped with the remaining cheese and a thick slice of homemade garlic toast. I also put a few shakes of jalapeno powder on mine.http://media-files.gather.com/images/d102/d457/d745/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~Big Al's~ Subs

Mario Batali's Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower

Magic Cookie Bars Recipe