Quick n' Easy Chicken Soup

All this talk about chicken soup lately made me hungry for it! I didn't have the energy for anything too fancy, so I whipped up this quick version. I added about 1 cup of tomato juice, since I had some on hand that needed to be used up. I don't normally add a tomato product to a basic chicken soup, however.

olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
4 cups chicken broth
pinch or two of each: sage, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, pepper (whatever herbs you like)
1 bay leaf
4 chicken breast halves, diced
hot cooked egg noodles
Drizzle a large soup pot or Dutch oven with a little olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery and saute about 10 minutes, or til softened.
Increase heat to high and add broth and herbs. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for a few more minutes.
Stir in chicken and cook about 10 minutes, or til the chicken is cooked through.
Remove bay leaf and serve over noodles.http://media-files.gather.com/images/d277/d322/d745/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~Big Al's~ Subs

Magic Cookie Bars Recipe

Mario Batali's Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower