Chicken Salad with Green Goddess Dressing

You could omit the anchovies, but I bet the dressing doesn't taste as good! The original doesn't call for cherry tomatoes or cucumbers but I have an abundance, so I threw them in. This salad was amazing!

This is adapted from my Food and Wine magazine.

2 anchovies, drained
1 garlic clove
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1/4 cup fresh basil
1/4 cup coarsely chopped dill (I used a pinch of dried)
1 T oregano leaves (I used a pinch of dried)
3/4 cup mayo
2 1/2 T fresh lemon juice
2 T snipped chives (I used a couple pinches of dried)
salt and freshly ground pepper
1 small loaf ciabatta, torn into pieces
2 chicken breasts, grilled and diced
1 pepperoncini pepper, drained and diced (I used homemade)
3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
1/2 cup black olives, halved
mixed salad greens

In a blender or food processor, blend anchovies, garlic, parsley, basil, dill and oregano til well mixed. Stir in mayo and lemon juice and blend til smooth. Stir in the chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

In a large bowl, toss the bread, chicken, pepper, celery and olives. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately over salad greens.http://media-files.gather.com/images/d712/d889/d745/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~Big Al's~ Subs

Magic Cookie Bars Recipe

Mario Batali's Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower