Risa G's Roasted Veg Salsa

Risa G. wrote an article about making salsa, and in the comments gave me a great idea for salsa; one I had never used before.

Per the instructions, I drizzled tomatoes, jalapenos, garlic and onion with olive oil and sprinkled generously with sea salt.


Roasted for 20 minutes, the veggies soften and sweeten.





I turned the broiler on and charred the jalapenos for a couple more minutes.

I poured off the olive oil, reserving it for another use (maybe in a salad dressing?)

Everything was tossed in the blender with fresh lime juice and pureed slightly, but leaving chunks of tomato and jalapeno.


The roasting gave everything a heavenly smokiness.
Thanks, Risa!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~Big Al's~ Subs

Magic Cookie Bars Recipe

Mario Batali's Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower