On the Border Tortilla Chips- A Product Review

In my relentless search for a tortilla chip that tastes fresh made, I have eaten them all; from Tostito Gold to store brands. I have finally found the chip that is tops in authentic Tex Mex flavor: On the Border.

My sister introduced me to these chips years ago, but we didn’t have them in our area at the time, and it had just slipped my mind. Lately I have been making my own tortilla chips, but this is messy and quite time consuming. The tortillas have to be dried a bit, cut, fried, drained and packed. And I am sure fried corn tortillas aren’t on any healthy eating plan.

On the Border tortilla chips have 7 grams of fat, and the salt level is just right. Lots of crunch too. On the back of the bag are even some excellent Tex Mex recipes. Move over Tostito Gold, now we have On the Border!

Out of a five avocado rating, I give these chips a four. The only drawback is price: I paid 3.39 for a large bag. They aren’t the most expensive, but they aren’t the cheapest either.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~Big Al's~ Subs

Magic Cookie Bars Recipe

Mario Batali's Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower