Making Chicken Stock

On my menu this week are a couple different varieties of soup, for which I needed a good base.

I had leftover chicken pieces and skin from making Tandoori earlier this week, so I just dumped all the pieces parts (as my mother calls them) in a big pot and covered it with water.

I tossed in some chopped celery, carrot, onion and a palmful of Mrs Dash Original for good measure.

I boiled this concoction for about two hours, skimming the foam occasionally, strained it, and voila! The best chicken stock ever!


















Never toss raw leftover chicken pieces or parts; freeze them and save to make your own stock. It beats anything you can buy at the grocery store.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~Big Al's~ Subs

Magic Cookie Bars Recipe

Mario Batali's Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower